CEREC® Makes Dental Treatment More Efficient and Precise
At Redlands Family Dentistry, we are committed to using advanced tools and techniques to make our patients' care convenient, efficient, and comfortable. Our CEREC® technology allows us to digitally create restorations and customize them for each patient's unique smile. The CEREC® system also mills restorations, including crownsand bridges, in-office, so many patients can leave the same day with a restored smile. Dr. Frederick Hoffer and his associates can also show CEREC® images on an exam room computer. In this way, he can keep you up-to-date about your dental health. To learn more about CEREC®, contact Redlands Family Dentistry today.
What Is CEREC®?
CEREC® stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction. This innovative system utilizes computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology to create 3-D images of your teeth and surrounding structures. Dr. Hoffer or Dr. Kim will take pictures of your teeth, and the data will be fed into a computer system. Then the images will appear on a chairside monitor. Your dentist can use these pictures to explain your dental health and outline your various treatment options. He or she can also manipulate the digital images to plan out your treatment and design custom-made restorations. The dentist can then send the data to an in-office milling machine that will create your restorations.
Uses of CEREC® Technology
At Redlands Family Dentistry, we use the CEREC® system to perform several different functions. With this tool, we can provide same-day crowns and bridges in many cases. Using the computer images, Dr. Hoffer or Dr. Kim can design restorations that maintain the balance of your bite. The crowns and bridges will also be a near-perfect match to your natural teeth. In other cases, Dr. Hoffer may use CEREC® technology to plan and perform full mouth reconstruction. He can use this tool, along with our GALILEOS cone beam imaging system, to acquire an accurate view of your jawbone structure. Then he can determine the optimal placement for dental implants.
Benefits of CEREC®
They CEREC® system has several important benefits, including:
- Efficiency: With the 3-D images, Dr. Hoffer and his team can often provide same-day dental restorations. This means you can spend less time in the dentist’s office and more time enjoying the activities you love.
- Comfort: CEREC® eliminates the need for messy manual impressions. The digital technique is quick and comfortable.
- Precision: CEREC® images are extremely accurate. Thanks to this technology, your restorations will be virtually identical to your natural teeth.
- Protection for your oral health: Because your restorations will fit so precisely, they will maintain your natural bite alignment. In this way, they will help prevent temporomandbular joint (TMJ) disorder and future dental damage.
- Education: With the chairside monitors, your dentist can explain any health concerns. Your dentist will also outline your treatment options, so you can actively participate in your care.
Learn More About Our Advanced Technology
You deserve efficient and effective dental care. Contact Redlands Family Dentistry to learn more about how you can benefit from our state-of-the-art treatment.